Other People

Specialist Contractors
If there are other people to consult or skills we need outside our service we shall also let you know then we shall also advise you.

Health and Safety:
For all but the smallest domestic work you will be required to carry out a Health and Safety Plan. This may need a specialist consultant.

Cost controllers have access to comparable building costs and can provide accurate costs checks at each stage of the building process as well as cash flow forecasts.

Structural Engineers:
Required under the Building Regulations to provide calculations to justify any item of structure: beams, columns, foundations, roof timbers.

Party Wall surveyor:
A Party Wall is a wall shared between two properties, each being owned by a different person. Before undertaking any works that will affect the party wall such as structural alterations, extensions, rooms in the roof etc certain procedures must be followed, as set out by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

The act must also be followed if excavations are planned close to neighbouring property. Before undertaking any building works to a party wall, the Building Owner will need to provide the Adjoining Owner with written notice at least 2 months before commencing the works (or one month for ‘Line of Junction’ or excavation works).

We have worked with a range of specialists and can suggest one suitable for your building. It is then the normal procedure that each consultant will be responsible for his services direct to you as client.

  • At the outset we will talk over with you how to get your building works built. There are a number of ways open to you, and we will discuss these with you.

To find out how Cooper & Co. can help you identify the right specialist help call us today onĀ 01432 850 112 or emailĀ [email protected]


Cooper & Co., architects for Presteigme